Biomarker Applications Scientist
The Biomarker Applications Scientist has a background in clinical or biomedical research. They are responsible for developing and evaluating candidate biomarkers for a range of clinical indications, and for the design and management of translational research activities with Perspectum’s medical and academic partners . Working closely with the Head of Innovation and Chief Medical Officer, they perform functions associated with study planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, writing and publishing of clinical research studies.
- Propose, develop, and implement robust performance testing and research studies to strengthen the scientific knowledge base relating to translating Perspectum’s technology to the clinical application
- Support and liaise with internal teams to validate and implement product development
- Provide analysis and statistical support for regulatory submissions and research projects
- Support Business Development to support scientific claims and marketing
- Drive and support scientific publications including drafting of manuscripts
- Ensure publication strategy is in line with new advances in the field, including conference attendance
- Develop and maintain a strong external expert and scientific network for collaborations
- Manage collaborations and collaborative research projects
- Contribute to internal research process developments
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Academic background in medical sciences or equivalent experience
- Experience of statistical and research methods
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- PhD or MD in biomedical science, clinical science or related fields.
- Experience in designing and executing clinical or biomedical research studies to evaluate new technology/interventions
- Experience of clinical diagnostics and service provision
- Proven record in writing peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary collaborative clinical projects
- Experience in writing grant applications
- Experience in statistical analysis (inc. experience with statistical software, ideally R)
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.