Biomarker Scientist (Maternity Cover)
The Biomarker Scientist has a background in clinical or biomedical research. They are responsible for developing and evaluating candidate image-derived biomarkers for a range of clinical indications, and for the design and management of translational research activities with Perspectum’s medical and academic partners.
Working closely with the Head of Biomarker Sciences and the Chief Innovation Officer, they perform functions associated with study planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, writing and publishing of clinical research studies
- Perform basic analyses on clinical data acquired with Perspectum’s core technology
- Contribute to internal R&D activities to support product development
- Perform and interpret exploratory analysis and literature reviews in emerging technologies for image derived biomarker discovery
- Provide analysis and statistical support for regulatory submissions and clinical science projects
- Prepare scientific publications including drafting of abstracts and full manuscripts
- Generate standard operating procedures (SOPs) for working with Perspectum’s core technology and act as a point of contact for device specific guidance and support
- Support business development through the collation, summarising and dissemination of scientific evidence to support adoption of the company’s technology including conference presentations
- Support the CRO with data analysis and interpretation e.g. exploring optimal diagnostics cut-offs relevant to their disease cohort, sample size statistics and exploration of complimentary biomarkers
- Propose, develop, and implement robust performance testing and research studies to strengthen the scientific knowledge base relating to translating Perspectum’s technology to the clinical application
- Prepare/contribute to preparations for grant applications to support product development
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Academic background in medical sciences or equivalent experience
- PhD or MD in biomedical science, clinical science or related fields
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
- Experience of statistical and research methods
- Experience in designing and executing clinical or biomedical research studies to evaluate new technology/interventions
- Proven record in writing peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in statistical analysis (including experience with statistical software, ideally R)
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Experience of clinical diagnostics and service provision
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary collaborative clinical projects
- Knowledge of MR physics or MRI analysis techniques
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.