Biomedical Imaging Scientist (2 Year Fixed-Term)
Kings College, London
The Biomedical Imaging Scientist identifies clinical opportunities for technology development, creating high quality prototypes to evaluate the technology on clinical data and support translation into products. This will be achieved by collaborating with research and product teams at Perspectum Diagnostics along with clinical and technical experts at King’s College London.
Perspectum Diagnostics is the fastest growing biotech company in the UK, underpinned by its innovative approach to medical image analysis to deliver digital technologies for the better care of patients with liver disease.
The King’s College London AI centre has been established as part of the UK Government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, delivered through UK Research and Innovation. The consortium of academic, NHS and industry partners is creating data and AI infrastructure based on open-source technologies such as XNAT, CogStack and ElasticSearch, and NiftyNet to create new healthcare tools. The applicant is expected to use, work with, and contribute towards these software packages as part of their activities.
The successful applicant will develop and investigate the utility of radiomics-based technology to assess liver tumours for early diagnosis, response to therapy and staging using multiparametric MRI and CT images.
- Research and technical development of image processing algorithms, including analysis and quantification of performance.
- Producing high quality prototypes to facilitate the evaluation and translation of technology.
- Investigating and defining clinical problem and understanding the relevant clinical domain.
- Writing peer-reviewed publications describing technology and clinical evaluation.
- Supporting for product development teams.
- Collaborating with both internal R&D teams and external clinical partners.
- Keeping up to date with advances in image analysis methodologies, through team discussion meetings and conference attendance.
- Work towards the AI-centre software stack.
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience in Medical Image Analysis
- Evidence of an interest in the application of engineering research to medical problems
- Solid grounding in mathematics, including statistics
- Experience in prototype coding (e.g. MATLAB, Python)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate with clinicians and work with clinical data, including medical imaging data
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
Skills and Requirements: Desired
- Experience in software engineering (e.g. C++, Python)
- Strong evidence of research achievement to date
This is a 2 year fixed-term contract.
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.