Biomedical Research Assistant
The Biomedical Research Assistant has a background in clinical or biomedical research. They are responsible for the design and management of clinical research activities with Perspectum’s medical and academic partners to evaluate the utility of our technology in a range of clinical indications. Working closely with the Head of Clinical Sciences and Biomedical Application Scientists, they perform functions associated with study implementation, monitoring, administration and data analysis.
- Providing support to the Clinical sciences team in delivery of research studies in collaboration with image analysis and external research teams.
- Maintaining accurate and current records of research activities and ensure administrative processes are followed
- Where possible and following required training, independently perform preliminary data curation and analysis to inform ongoing research activities.
- Providing the team with technical input in order to improve study design, interpretation of results, reporting and communication
- Using appropriate computer software packages effectively to support the analysis and interpretation of study data
- Analysing and interpreting data, either alone, in conjunction with other experts within the team or more widely.
- Undertaking general research administration and support as required
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Academic background in medical sciences or equivalent experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in data processing and handling
- Experience of research methods
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Advanced degree in biological science, clinical science or related fields.
- Experience in clinical or biomedical research studies to evaluate new technology/interventions
- Experience of clinical diagnostics and service provision
- Experience in statistical analysis (inc. experience with statistical software, ideally R)
- Knowledge of MR physics or MRI analysis techniques
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.