Cloud Applications Lead - Python
This is an opportunity to lead an established team developing our secure, scalable cloud-based platform for medical image analysis, bringing together science, medicine and technology into a unique service improving patients’ lives.
You will be pivotal in building and extending this platform at a time when the business is looking to scale - helping to define, design, implement, deploy and support the diagnostic services Perspectum offers. You will get the opportunity to work from top to bottom of the technology stack, delivering rapidly and deploying frequently.
- Have commercial experience writing exceptional Python code, and with at least one web framework (preferably Django)
- Enjoy building applications that can scale, by writing clean, elegant code
- Know how to deploy a Python web application, and the pros and cons of the various options available
- Know how to architect and design cloud-based systems consisting of multiple components, and how they should interact with each other
- Understand how to develop secure systems – from code to deployed system and network
- Have dev-ops skills, particularly with regards to AWS and automated deployment mechanisms
- Are enthusiastic in mentoring junior engineers and leading a small team
- Have experience of relational database management, deployment and maintenance
- Ensure your code is well tested using TDD or BDD processes, with a high degree of coverage
- Know what constitutes a secure, scalable, well documented API
- Can take user needs and translate to system requirements
You may also:
- Have experience of asynchronous queue technologies such as Celery, RabbitMQ and SQS.
- Understand *nix system administration
- Have worked in a Scrum environment
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.