Cloud Applications Team Leader (Python)
This is an opportunity to lead an established team developing our secure, scalable cloud-based platform for medical image analysis, bringing together science, medicine and technology into a unique service improving patients’ lives.
You will be pivotal in building and extending this platform at a time when the business is scaling - helping to define, design, implement, deploy and support the cloud-based diagnostic services Perspectum offers.
This is a full-stack role - you will get the opportunity to work from top to bottom of the technology stack, delivering rapidly and deploying frequently. There are also opportunities to build your skills in AWS cloud-based services and get involved in a rapidly evolving DevOps culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing backend and front-end applications in Python
- Developing REST APIs in Python and documentation to support applications and internal technical customers
- Leading and mentoring a team of full-stack developers focused on Python
- Keeping the team up to date on modern development practices
- Maintaining and developing development standards – particularly Python and secure development standards
- Liaising with our small DevOps team to ensure rapid delivery of application iterations
- Liaising with Product Management to ensure product requirements are refined into coherent, clear output suitable for engineers to get their teeth into
- Assisting the System Test team to ensure system tests provide excellent coverage
- Providing and assisting in the creation of development and recruitment plans
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Deep understanding of how to write exceptional Python code
- Commercial experience with at least one Python web framework (preferably Django)
- Enjoy building applications that can scale, by writing clean, elegant code
- Know how to architect and design distributed applications for cloud-based systems consisting of multiple components
- Understand how to develop secure applications, and the common vulnerabilities in applications
- Are enthusiastic in mentoring junior engineers and leading a small team
- Know how to deploy a Python web application effectively and reproducibly in a CI/CD environment
- Ensure your code is well tested using TDD or BDD processes, with a high degree of coverage
- Know what constitutes a secure, scalable, well documented API
- Know how to take user needs and translate to system requirements and ultimately application architecture and implementation
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Experience of asynchronous queue technologies such as Celery, RabbitMQ and SQS.
- Have worked in an Agile development environment
- Experience in developing API-driven front end using React
- DevOps delivery using Terraform
- Exposure to analytics development in Python such as PySpark
- Exposure to Health Informatics standards such as DICOM, HL7 and FHIR
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.