Data Science 12-month Industrial Placement
The Data Science Intern supports the wider Data Science team to research new methods and algorithms for both internal and external research projects. They assist the team in validating prototypes and supports their translation into products by collaborating with various internal teams. There is a particular focus on implementation of cutting-edge deep learning algorithms for large scale medical image analysis in the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and development around machine learning methods for medical image analysis
- Support the Data Science team with technical reports and production of algorithm specifications
- Work alongside the Imaging Science, Physics, Clinical Science, and Biomarker Science teams on analysis of parameter variations in algorithms developed for existing and future products
- Collaborating with internal technical teams and on external research collaborations
- Keeping up to date with advances in machine learning methodologies for image analysis, through one-on-one and team discussion meetings
- Analysis of large data sets using cloud technologies (i.e. AWS)
- Support the Data Science team with ad hoc duties
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Working towards a degree in a STEM subject
- Knowledge and experience requirements
- Interest and desire to learn about Machine Learning, Medical Image Analysis, and Medical Physics
- Solid grounding in mathematics
- Basic experience in prototype coding (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
Skills and Requirements: Desired
- Experience of modern machine learning techniques
- Evidence of an interest in the application of engineering research to medical problems
- Experience of working with remote servers and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience of working with a Linux/Unix type OS
- Experience in software engineering (e.g. C++, Python)
- Understanding of the importance of algorithmic validation
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.