As Grants Assistant, you will assist the Research Grants Manager in the effective and efficient day-to-day management of Perspectum’s grants portfolio, providing support to researchers applying for research grants, preparing budgets in collaboration with the finance team, managing record-keeping around grant applications and maintaining oversight of all active research grants in the company.
You will have good organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure Perspectum’s grant applications and awards are managed and prioritised so that targets and deadlines are met.
- Assist the Research Grants Manager with the preparation of grant applications. You will provide advice and support to the applicants throughout the submission process, check that applications are accurate, comply with sponsor rules and procedures, have necessary and appropriate supporting documentation and are submitted by the relevant deadlines.
- Assist the Research Grants Manager with managing live grants. This may involve assisting with grant setup, organising collaborative meetings, working with the Finance Team to ensure budgets are being spent in line with the specified timelines, managing timesheets and liaising with grant funders where necessary.
- Work with the Legal Team to ensure any grant-related contracts are executed in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Finance Team to prepare periodic reports in line with sponsor terms and conditions.
- Liaise with external institutions where Perspectum has collaborators/partners on a grant.
- Manage the Innovation Team’s tracking systems for submitted and upcoming applications, awarded grants, abstract submissions and conference attendance
- Keep up to date with upcoming funding opportunities
Skills and Requirements - Essential:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard.
- Highly organised and works accurately with attention to detail.
- Team player who works well within a team but is also adept at working independently.
- Computer literate with experience of utilising MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- A desire to develop the role and actively seek improvements.
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An interest in science and innovation.
Skills and Requirements - Desirable:
- Knowledge of research grants and contracts.
- Previous administrative and project management experience.
- Degree in life/technical sciences
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.