Imaging Data Scientist
The Imaging Data Scientist researches new methods and algorithms, produces robust research analysis pipelines, provides insight into our existing data, develops and validates prototypes, and supports their translation into products by collaborating with various internal teams.
- Research and technical development for image processing, analysis, and quantification
- Creation of research systems for large scale image and data analysis
- Developing proofs of concept and prototypes for future product development
- Writing technical reports and production of algorithm specifications
- Writing up work for conference and journal submissions where appropriate
- Keeping up to date with advances in image analysis methodologies through team discussion meetings and conference attendance
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (preferably PhD or equivalent experience)
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Solid grounding in mathematics, including statistics
- Experience in prototype coding (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as independently
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Experience in medical image analysis, medical physics, biomedical engineering or a similar discipline
- Experience in machine learning and modern computer vision
- Experience of cloud computing (especially AWS)
- Experience in software engineering (e.g. C++, Python)
- Evidence of an interest in the application of engineering research to medical problems
- Understanding of the importance of algorithmic validation
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.