Medical Imaging Scientist
The Medical Imaging Scientist researches new methods and algorithms, participates in collaborative research projects, develops and validates prototypes, and supports their translation into products by collaborating with various internal teams.
- Research and technical development for image processing, analysis, and quantification
- Developing proofs of concept and prototypes, and supporting future product development
- Writing technical reports and production of algorithm specifications
- Collaborating with internal technical teams and on external research collaborations
- Writing up work for conference and journal submissions where appropriate
- Keeping up to date with advances in image analysis methodologies through team discussion meetings and conference attendance
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Master’s degree (preferably PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience in medical image analysis, medical physics, biomedical engineering or a similar discipline
- Solid grounding in mathematics, including statistics
- Experience in prototype coding (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Strong evidence of research achievement to date
- Evidence of an interest in the application of engineering research to medical problems
- Understanding of the importance of algorithmic validation
- Experience in software engineering (e.g. C++, Python)
- Experience in machine learning
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.