MRI Applications Developer
You will be in a new team focusing on the development of data acquisition methodologies. You will work alongside a team of physicists and engineers developing quantitative MRI methodologies that will be incorporated in a suite of MRI protocols and software tools for the diagnosis of disease in patients. The team is part of a wider multidisciplinary team, with academic and industrial experience in clinical science and diagnostics, MRI physics and biomedical image analysis. You will be responsive to the requirements of customers and guide both the technical and product roadmaps for future product releases
- Implementation of MRI acquisition protocols on clinical MRI systems (Siemens, Philips, General Electric)
- Ensuring Perspectum remain at the forefront of robust acquisition of quantitative MRI data
- Development of scientific studies to evaluate acquisition methods
- Liaison with our university and hospital collaboration partners to facilitate validation of acquisition and processing pipelines
- Preparation of documentation - requirement specification, engineering specs, installation and user guides
- Organising scanning of phantoms and human subjects
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Proven experience of operating MRI scanners
- Familiarity of more than one of the main MRI scanner vendors (GE, Philips, Siemens)
- A good understanding of MRI pulse sequences and the interplay of different parameters on a scanner
- Ability to collect and consolidate requirements for protocols, to build acquisition protocols and to evaluate these scientifically in a quantitative fashion
- Experience in quantitatively analyzing data e.g. SNR, contrast, robustness, contrast metrics
- Good communication skills
- This position will not involve pulse programming, but the applicant would benefit from the detailed knowledge of MRI that comes from familiarity with pulse programming
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Experience in human imaging with MRI ideally in the abdomen or in multiple organs
- We would expect a PhD in the field of MRI Physics, although an experienced research radiographer (i.e. without a PhD) with skills in scanner protocol optimisation would be well suited to this role.
- Extensive track record of achievement in the field of MRI including problem solving and application development
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.