Senior Software Engineer (Python)
You will be pivotal in building and extending this platform at a time when the business is looking to scale - helping to
define, design, implement, deploy and support the diagnostic services Perspectum offers. You will get the opportunity
to work from top to bottom of the technology stack, delivering rapidly and deploying frequently.
- Design, build and maintenance of a great quality, a scalable cloud-based platform.
- Design and implementation of Python applications and services.
- Implementation and maintenance of an excellent automation test framework.
- Mentoring of junior engineers.
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation into engineering deliveries.
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Have solid commercial experience writing exceptional Python code, and with at least one web framework
- Ensure your code is well tested using TDD or BDD processes, with a high degree of coverage
- Enjoy building applications that can scale, by writing clean, elegant and secure code
- Have an understanding of the architectural principles that produce scalable, secure systems
- Are enthusiastic in mentoring junior engineers and leading a small team
- Know how to deploy a Python web application, and the pros and cons of the various options available
- Know what constitutes a secure, scalable, well documented API
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Have experience of asynchronous queue technologies such as Celery, RabbitMQ and SQS.
- Understand how web and backend applications are deployed and secured in AWS
- Have worked in a Scrum environment
- Have dev-ops skills, particularly with regards to automated deployment mechanisms
- Have experience of relational database management, deployment and maintenance
- Understand *nix system administration
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.