The Software Engineer for Medical Devices assists in building software products for visualisation and quantitative measurement of medical image data to aid in the detection and staging of disease. Working with a small cross functional team, you will help deliver maintainable software that is robustly built and automatically tested. You will be expected to work on both new and existing products for generating quantitative statistics from MR images, rendering in 2D and 3D, providing user tools to manipulate images and generating reports.
- Build and maintain great quality applications to process and visualise MR images, meeting business, user, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Interaction with other teams, for example Software Quality Assurance, Image Analysis and Physics.
- Ensure that the product is developed, documented and automatically unit tested to medical device standards.
- Assist in the generation of Software Requirements.
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject
- Fluent in C/C++ with commercial experience
- Commercial experience of object-oriented software development
- Understanding of testing techniques to produce robust code
- Attention to detail in order to write simple, elegant code
- Keenness to work in an agile environment
- Ability to work with and contribute to thoroughly documented software
- Excellent communicator
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- Experience with computer vision & image processing techniques
- Knowledge of Medical Imaging domain
- GUI programming in Qt on desktop platforms
- Experience and knowledge of ITK for image processing
- Experience and knowledge of VTK for medical image visualisation
- Understanding of quality systems, such as ISO 13485 and IEC 62304, in a software context
- Understanding of DICOM standards
- Experience of Scrum
- Experience of and a drive for Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.