The Test Manager builds a scalable cloud-based platform for medical image analysis from the ground up, bringing together science, medicine and technology into a unique service contributing to research and improving patients’ lives. They are pivotal in creating this platform by being involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. They conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by the Software Engineering Team is fit for purpose. They lead the Software Quality Assurance Team and report into that team; however much of their work involves working closely with the Product Managers and Developers.
- Lead the test team to ensure high quality products are delivered and maintained
- Coordinating quality issues between various departments, teams and functions within the organization by closely liaising with the Quality and Regulatory Managers
- Develop and execute test strategies for all PD products
- Ensure processes used for system testing are adequate and appropriate Responsible for the testing element of a project, product, or work package item
- Responsible for resources programme and risk for verification and validation work packages.
- Achieving deadlines, quality and performance targets
- Ensure all tasks assigned to them and their team are performed to the appropriate processes
- Maintaining and developing own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision similarly
- Ensure that employees working under their supervision are competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them
- Develop and maintain system and user acceptance tests and scripts based on product requirements
Skills and Requirements: Essential
- First degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Extensive experience in testing Medical Device applications
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, testing user stories, and participating in SCRUM, sprint planning and backlog review activities
- Experience of medical device quality standards such as IEC 62304, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 and ISO 14971
- Knowledge of software development processes and an understanding of the underlying principles
- Knowledge of system test processes and an understanding of the underlying principles
- Experience of mentoring and coaching employees
- Excellent documentation skills – test cases, defect reports, test execution reports
- Self-directed and able to prioritise work in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to take ownership
Skills and Requirements: Desirable
- ISEB/ISTQB - Intermediate/Advance Certified tester
- Thorough understanding of how to test complex multi-element software systems
- Passionate about developing management skills
Interested in this position?
We are always looking for brilliant people to join us here at Perspectum Diagnostics.
Use the form below to send us your application.